It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:44 am

Fuel Filler Restrictor 
Stylus owner

Post Fuel Filler Restrictor
We got our fuel filler from Tim, which has no fuel filler nozzle restrictor in it. When i asked Tim about it, he said as the engine is pre 1995 i didnt need one. However, just been reading a questions and answers thing in the kit car mag and it sais there that they all have to have one! anyone know which one is correct? we havent fitted it yet, so its not a problem if we do, just want to get it correct though first off!

cheers

matt

Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:20 pm
Stylus owner

you do need one according to my sva manual. doesn't say anything about year but if you run unleaded fuel you need it. does your filler have a flange in it that the restrictor would sit on? if this is the case, go to a petrol pump, measure the diameter of the fuel nozzle, cut a metal disc to fit on the flange in the filler with a hole in the middle to fit the nozzle, then just temporarily glue it in the filler for sva then remove it after. alternitavely buy one! if you have an aircraft style filer cap, merlin motorsport at castle combe keep them in stock. they'll post you one!

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:30 am
Stylus owner

its an aero style filler, so will be able to put one in between the flange faces. You can buy one cheap enough, so its not worth messing about trying to do our own!

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 am