[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
clubstylus - View topic - 17 inch wheels?
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 pm

17 inch wheels? 
Stylus owner

Post 17 inch wheels?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:07 pm
Stylus owner

Post 17 inch ?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:54 pm
Stylus owner

In the picture you can see different sizes on stylus's Rob has 15, the 2 in front are 13 and the grey one I think has 17, can be 16 too.
Don't forget that bigger rims raise the car and give slower acceleration with the same drivegear.

changed the picture to be thumbnailed as it was deforming the forum

Last edited by Werner Van Loock on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Stylus owner

Cheers for coming back to me, there's a couple of things maybe I should be clearer about though, it's running low profiles on 15" TSW Venoms at present, and the road up to the house is only a couple of hundred metres long and couldn't be taken at speed unless you were in a Bowler (it would be a 15/20mph pootle in a road car) and then it joins a tarmac road so all I'm after is a bit of clearance for loose rocks/pot holes, also I don't mind having the wings widened if necessary if a wider profile is required.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me about how they've gone about it as apparently it has been done, so I assume they aren't hitting lights etc. but maybe they are? Did they widen the arches etc?

Tim says he has had a set of 17's on once as a quick swap just to see if it was possible (they were on a Dax Rush he had in) but I'd like to know if they are ok in practice as well?

Also I need to know what offset the Stylus RT runs so I can get that right if I go for 17's. I'd like to keep it as close to that as possible having driven Soarers (my day car) which have gone to 18's and got offsets of around 38-40 instead of the standard 50 and they are so much heavier steering and tend to tramline etc. which I really don't want in the RT.

Hi Werner,

That's great...many thanks...do you know who has the car in question then?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:21 pm
Stylus owner

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:56 pm
Stylus owner

Post wheels in pic'

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:30 pm
Stylus owner

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:23 am
Stylus owner

Post Re: wheels in pic'

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:18 pm
Stylus owner