[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
clubstylus - View topic - Door Handles
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 pm

Door Handles 
Stylus owner

Post Door Handles
Does anyone use exterior door handles? Most of the pictures i see are all internal handles.
I take it you need to undo the hood to get in if you only have internal handles?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:17 pm
Stylus owner

how about http://www.commandoalarms.com/itmidx5.htm I an thinking along this line myself

George

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:24 pm
Stylus owner

would like to keep away from electronics if possible, plus it will add a lot of weight to the doors. Probally going to put exterior handles on with locks too.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:44 pm
Stylus owner

I've used the handles off a vectra, they follow the curve of the door ok

Adrian

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm
Stylus owner

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Post Re: Door Handles
Did you get round to using the MX5 handles, and what where they like?
Pete (who is about to find some handles!!!)

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Stylus owner

It's not a big deal to open three hood poppers to put your arm in and flick the door latch PLUS it's harder for people to find their way in who you'd rather didn't :wink:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm

I have recently replaced a previous setup that used Metro hatchback catches with the early Mazda MX5 ones that I got off ebay. They work very well and look great.
I didnt bother with key locks though. I also kept the Metro catches

Wed May 12, 2010 8:42 am

here is a pic showing my exterior early MX5 handles.
I used a rubber grommet to fill in the key hole. I wish I could find a blind grommet but I guess you could use body filler or anything for that
IMAG0103.jpg
IMAG0103.jpg [ 891.65 KiB | Viewed 5606 times ]

I recessed the whole thing into the door and created a lip under the door skin for the handle to sit on, using fibreglass offcuts and body filler. I used the standard handle fitting bolts/studs and some steel strip to lock it into the door. A bit of a fiddle to do but well worth it. I am quite pleased with it.

Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 am
Stylus owner

Wed May 12, 2010 7:00 pm