It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 am

Zetec Engine Mounts 

Post Zetec Engine Mounts
Has anyone got a pic of their Zetec engine mounts? Just after a design I can copy.

Or does anyone know if the Fury mounts fit? In case I see a cheap pair going...

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: Zetec Engine Mounts
CMA wrote:
Has anyone got a pic of their Zetec engine mounts? Just after a design I can copy.

Or does anyone know if the Fury mounts fit? In case I see a cheap pair going...

Somewhere on this forum are mine after I repaired them due to SSC's original design being a bit weak --- they cracked around the plate fitted at the engine side . Since webbing them I've had no problems so probably a ' power ' thing.
I'll have a browse and point it out if spotted :) Basically the plate going on each side of the block is a 3mm thick x 90mm triangular plate/the pointy end points up. On the passenger side there's a block casting protrusion which means that the triangular plate touches it , then each of 3 holes in the plate need spacers behind them so's to bolt up tight into the corresponding block threaded holes.
Driver's side just bolts straight up with no spacers needed .
On the lower chassis on each side is a triangular plate between chassis rails . On that go your CORTINA steel circular plates with an inch or so of rubber bonded to them --- off the peg item with threaded bolt each side.
On top of those rubber plated mounts goes a similar sized plate with a threaded nut welded on top / plus hole of course. On top of that goes a short piece of 1.5 inch tube welded over the nut.
Then 1.5 inch tube is cut/notched to angle and gets welded between rubber plate and block plate ---- that's it , apart from a little webbing for support but careful not to put it in the way of getting the bolts through.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Fury ones don't fit unfortunately, miles out

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm
Stylus owner

I found my pic's of the welded engine mounts but see that it's just a white blank and no pic's --- a pain because they did show exactly how to make them . Anyway attached are a couple of views of left/right mounts , not really clear but enough to see the construction.

Attachments:
Engine mount Zetec (Large).jpg
Engine mount Zetec (Large).jpg [ 131.55 KiB | Viewed 1299 times ]
Zetec engine mount (Large).jpg
Zetec engine mount (Large).jpg [ 177.99 KiB | Viewed 1299 times ]

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 am