It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:18 am

REVIVAL TESTING !!! 
Stylus owner

Post REVIVAL TESTING !!!
Revival cars will be testing at GOODWOOD on the 30th August (Thursday after next) and again on the 6th September (following Thursday) :P

I will go down to watch if possible --- a free day out and some 'rare pace' too :!:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am
Stylus owner

Post Re: REVIVAL TESTING !!!
Had a brilliant day out at Goodwood , parked right next to the new paddock slots along the back fence/hedge area --- nobody asked me to move :)
Rained on my way down but the early testing was in dry weather but damp surface --- most were being damn careful apart from an Aston just hanging out the rear a touch exiting the chicane . The two best to watch were Matt Neal driving the Sunbeam Tiger V8 clocking 94 sec's best and sounding awesome ---- also Mark Hales driving a V8 Crossle , wiggling a touch exiting the chicane and clocking an 88 sec's best. Obviously these are flying laps so don't directly compare with my own efforts from a standing start. All were heavily muffled due to it being a 105db's day so they'll be quicker at the REVIVAL without those aweful plate type muffles stuffed up the tailpipes :wink:
One car I'd never seen in my life and absolutely stunning was a red Morgan built in the 60's but looked like a better looking E Type ---- lower , wider and nicer proportions. I had a chat with the owners and apparently 3 were built to compete with the Porshe's and won but due to lack of funds they were never produced to sell . It was clocking 97's in the damp .

I'll be going again next Thursday with Stuart 8)

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm
Stylus owner

If you fancy seeing what the MORGAN looked like then google'' Morgan 60's race car designed by Chris Lawrence '' . It was called the SLR and yesterday I saw three of them , one red , one blue and a stunning alluminium bodied car --- it was this car that was being driven the quickest .

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 am
Stylus owner

Went to Goodwood Revival testing again today with Stuart and the weather was perfect , very hot with no wind . Antony Reid was testing a Cobra right to it's absolute edge , really on it through the chicane , clocking 88's and 89's . A beautiful ALAN MANN Prefect or Anglia or even possibly a Popular :? was being pedalled very well clocking 104 to 106's , exiting the chicane almost sideways every lap. Various other Cobras were out plus Graham Bell in a Ferrari but didn't get his time. Quickest car there today was a DAYTONA , not sure who drove but it clocked 83.4 sec's best lap I saw --- awesome sound too :P
Mark Hales was out in a couple of cars but I didn't get his time either. Then there was a Westminster 105s Saloon car being put through it's paces by Johnny Brack but sadly in the afternoon the other driver , possibly the owner :?: , hit the passenger side front on the chicane tyres exit , that put him first sideways then two wheels off the ground --- finally somersalting several times towards the rumble and right across the grass into the bank where we were standing --- ending upside down and the driver was some half a minute or so getting out , at which point it set on fire and no marshal with extinguisher to be seen for several minutes.
The roof was almost flattened with sides and doors all twisted about ---- just about a write off I would think --- real shame being a successful 50's race car with history . Driver ok though but can't see it appearing for the Revival :roll:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm