It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 am

Goodwood 2nd August 
Stylus owner

Post Goodwood 2nd August
Having an SR8 against me at Coombe tomorrow , I've just had the finals for Goodwood next weekend and there's an SR3 in my class -------- great :o

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: Goodwood 2nd August
Weather was perfect for an attempt to beat my April 19th 2014 93.1 sec's best at Goodwood but though pushing very hard , somehow couldn't make it happen. Practice was irrelevant due to catching a Caterham halfway round the first lap and the next full flying lap but was timed at 101.33 sec's -- first standing start lap not flying lap. First timed lap was 97.26 sec's but had a very scary moment , or rather several hundred yards , betwwen Fordwater exit and No-name . Just as the front end regains grip/steering after the 5th gear flat out passage through Fordwater , I had a slow motion ' tankslapper ' a bit like towing a trailer too fast downhill ---- dare not lift nor accellerate or even move the steering , I thought after swinging left right six or seven times I wasn't going to stop it and was getting prepared in my head to hit something very hard at around 120mph BUT all on it's own without my input she settled into a straight line again , a few hundred yards from No-name :o More luck than judgement I think :oops:
Having thought about it while waiting for run two , I came to no conclusion as to the cause ie. what had I done to induce that :?: Entered at the right point , appexed nicely at 130mph right on the 8000rpm limit which caught my eye , as the needle was pointing directly downwards --- then the quite normal ' going light ' as you go over the dip ---- it was then just as the weight came onto the front wheels that control was lost :?
Anyway , eventually my 2nd run slot arrived and all went really well without incident with just a slight fettle appexing Fordwater this time , it felt grippy and quick so I was convinced this would probably be a 93 something. It was 96.94 sec's which left me dissappointed and puzzled. April 19th sprint was a cold , slightly damp day plus I'd not competed in the car since October last year and the wheels/tyres were different diam/profile ------------ but yesterday in perfect conditions I was 3 sec's off the pace :? :oops:
So with five in class I was 3rd behind an SR3 then a quick GT40 driver but managed to beat the second GT40 driver plus an Anglia 4age engined .

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:57 am

hope you changed your underpants after the first run, phew!

Audi S3 8L
VW Touareg R-Line
17 seater LDV 400 minibus (for track work obviously)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:58 pm
Stylus owner

norma wrote:
hope you changed your underpants after the first run, phew!

H'mmm , more disappointed at my result :oops: than the fear that grabbed me for 10 sec's :shock: Don't particularly fancy experiencing it again though :roll:
It was the speed at which it occurred that was frightening --- at 70/80 mph it would have just been a mishap :wink:

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 pm