It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:20 am

WINGS & WHEELS 
Stylus owner

Post WINGS & WHEELS
Wings & Wheels at Dunsfold , Cranleigh , just South of GUILDFORD is this coming weekend 23rd & 24th August . It's where TOP GEAR film their program from . There will be many interesting cars and stands of various connected clubs and business's plus aircraft displays . I'll be on duty on my motorclub stand / FDMC on the Sunday with others and their cars . I wont be taking mine as there's no tarmac opportunity , as I understand there has been on other years --- demonstrating your car with rides for passengers if they fancy it :) Seemed a waste to load/sheet it up and trailer there just to sit on the stand , especially if the weather isn't great .
Anyone plan on coming :?:
Monday Bank holiday , I'll be taking my classic Wolseley 1947 12/48 series 3 , to exibit at the Pitstone Farm Museum , a very leisurely affair ---- but nice day out if the weather's with me/picnic/bottle of wine etc , along with other various slow moving vehicles (tractors , army trucks and vintage cars) Only 15 minutes from me so couldn't resist it :lol:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: WINGS & WHEELS
Not quite certain what happened yesterday regarding '' no tarmac car time '' because there were loads of cars going out on tarmac , some FDMC members too :? Many went out with passengers on board as well and allowed to blast to their car's max up the runway :roll: The only reason I didn't take the Stylus was that it would just be sat on the stand but no demo opportunity. Maybe it was more that ' my ' car wasn't required as the day's focus on the stand was to recruit members into motorsport with FDMC , either as admin , marshals or competitors with low cost in mind --- auto testing , solo's etc.
It stayed warm and dry and the aircraft flyovers / demo's was awesome . Red Arrows , Lancasters , Spitfire , Hurrican , Mustang , Vulcan plus a host of others I don't know the names of . The helicopter demo's were very impressive , going straight up vertically then directly down vertically in a twin rotar looked positively dangerous :o
Cars speeding up the runway were from a V8 Morris Minor to a stunning Fraser Nash and every sort of classic , road and modified cars in between.
I don't think I did anything to increase FDMC membership though , although many were interested to talk about our activities . The solo and autotest members did better I believe :)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:21 am
Stylus owner

Post Re: WINGS & WHEELS
Today's little outing in the Wolseley was a wet one so underneath the chassis's going to need a hose pipe job before I put it away for the winter . Got there for 11-00am and was the only car there other than an Army Jeep with all ammo boxes and machine gun on board but he only arrived 1/2 an hour before I left at 3-00pm and still left before me . Very few people ventured out so most of those who asked about the car were the volunteers on other stands. Once home and still raining a bit , I quickly leathered it then put the cover back on while some wet was still on the car --- it's supposed to be breathable so hopefully ok till I wash and polish it on the next dry day.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:49 pm