It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am

AC & Aston Martin owners club sprint 
Stylus owner

Post AC & Aston Martin owners club sprint
On Saturday 1st Nov I went down to Goodwood where Matt Downes was pit crewing for Dave Rix , sprinting his AC Buckland. Apparently he was asked by the club to run it , as a Buckland hadn't been sprinted since before the 2nd W. war. There was a huge number of very valuable cars entered plus other machinery , such as E Types , Cobra's not original and single seaters of old and modern origins.
A friend I met years ago who normally sprints a FORCE carbon bodied 1300cc Hyabusa , had his Megapin entered and got FTD at 88 secs , not his best but plenty good enough to beat the Astons etc.
However , my interest was to clock Cheng Limm in his 720bhp RAM Cobra circuit racer , who I'd met in 2000 at a Bruntingthorpe test day . He'd followed me around the track there and later commented how well the Stylus went . Well on Saturday he did a best of 94.7secs which pleased me no end , as my best in April was a 93.7secs ---- made my day :P

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: AC & Aston Martin owners club sprint
Sadly I was wrong :( Apparently the RAM COBRA had a second driver who'd not arrived according to Cheng Limm , so he asked the clerk of the course if he could do both entries , as they'd been paid for and they ageed :o
So he practiced twice , that's two double laps then had two drivers timed laps and Matt and I had left before those were completed. The final best for him was 92.47secs , over a second quicker than my April best time :oops:

It occured to me that I might pay another driver to double drive but not turn up :P or maybe not :roll: I'm pretty sure our championship wouldn't allow that though :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:08 pm