[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
clubstylus - View topic - Sprinting
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Sprinting 

Post Sprinting
Isle of Wight Car Club are running a sort of informal traveller series this year for members who want to take part in sprints. I haven't got the cash to take it seriously, but funds permitting (ie. buying a proper helmet and overalls) I'd like to give one a go at some point this year in addition to the autosolos.

The provisional calendar is:

Goodwood Regis Sprint
Farnborough Dimanche Sprint
Abingdon Carnival
Dorchester Clay Pigeon Sprint
Elmoor Sprint Royale

So I'm thinking perhaps Eelmoor is one to aim for as it's a way away and one of the cheaper events to enter. I've watched plenty of videos of the course and it seems reasonable. I'll try and hitch a lift to one or two of the others just to get a feel for the day if I can.

Thoughts, anyone who's competed at any of the above? (I'm looking at you, Rob... :lol: )

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: Sprinting

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Cheers Rob - what's on your calendar for the year? Will you be at Goodwood? I'll try and get a lift up to one that you're doing with someone who's competing - be good to catch up and see your car in action.

The car just needs cosmetic stuff so that's no big worry, but I need to find the £500 odd for the protective clothing during the course of this year... :shock: :lol:

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:16 pm
Stylus owner

I'll enter the BOGNOR REGIS Sprint at GOODWOOD but there's no certainty of me being there. If I get a date for my hip operation before that date then that's it ------- no motorsport for me for 3 months after that , very frustrating but can't plan anything until the hip's sorted . I did drive my road car 8 weeks after the last op' 15yrs ago BUT driving in anger's another matter , so likely to take 3mths getting healed/fit.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Rob, what do you do for a tow point on the Stylus? The regs suggest each car should have one and obviously there isn't one "from the factory". Is it actually needed?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm
Stylus owner

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:34 am

PM incoming! :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 am