It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:13 am

Goodwood Classic Alfa Romeo trackday 
Stylus owner

Post Goodwood Classic Alfa Romeo trackday
I'm not able to drive again yet (another three weeks to go)but a friend is taking me down to Goodwood tomorrow , to at least watch and browse over lots of Alfa Classic track cars. He'll have to stop halfway there and on the way home , for me to walk around for ten minutes(physio advice at this stage). I'm lucky to get someone to cart my foldup chair around for me , so I can chat in between a little hobbling on crutches. Forcast is for a nice dry day !!!
The plan was to run my classic Alfa there but it's not ready plus can't drive it anyway.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 am

Post Re: Goodwood Classic Alfa Romeo trackday
Sounds great - take lots of pictures 8)

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:17 am
Stylus owner

Post Re: Goodwood Classic Alfa Romeo trackday
Great day out at Goodwood yesterday but didn't take photos , as a pair of crutches and carrying phone or camera don't go together easily. Really nice to see and hear those 40 yr old twincams howling around the track , some totally standard , others with obviously modified engines and others sporting wide arches , wide wheels plus sticky tyres. The predominate body colour was red but blue , orange , fawn and white were scattered around. These Alfa GTV 105 Nord engined cars are valued between 15 and 100 thousand , depending on age , condition and spec. ie. modified arched big bhp cars built by Autodelta in the 60,s (GTAm's)are at the top end with replica's built on a GTV of the period builtt by individuals at the bottom or mid range.
Sadly my modified Stylus would never sell for anywhere near it's full original build plus modifications cost --- my recent aquisition of a GTAm replica is the opposite in value terms. It'll hold it's value and long term make a profit ----- lesson learned :)
Just watching yesterday left me very envious , so looking forward to being allowed to drive again then running in the rebuilt Alfa Nord engine in my replica. I was offered passenger rides but as only three weeks post ' op ' decided it too risky being thrown around through the Goodwood corners !

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:10 pm