It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:12 am

Abingdon results 
Stylus owner

Post Abingdon results
Well it looks as though Stuart got it right. I was 10th in class , beating 4 others and 34th overall from 180 entries. There are 2 courses -- BENTLEY all cones and right angle turns(this is where I had all the brake problems :evil: ) Best run there was 53.02sec's and was the only run where I had brakes :shock: The other course is ABINGDON which is very fast and just a tight chicane to slow you up :roll: My best time there was 47.89 sec's.
In this event you are scored on aggregate , adding together each best run , giving me 100.91 sec's overall. Shame I cocked up the BENTLEY course because my ABINGDON time was very competitive , being quicker than many with a better overall score than me :roll:
The second SBD driver was 11th overall but I beat her Abingdon time by nearly 1 sec'. Also the DARRION 300bhp beast was 15th overall but he pipped me by 0.5 sec' only on the ABINGDON course . All my competitors were on wide slicks too and some with wings/undertrays etc.
The range in my class was from 91.08 sec's(2nd FTD) to 108.6 sec's(75th overall) . The 91.08 being the number 1 driver SBD 304bhp and the 108.6 sec's being an Anglia with 235bhp.
FTD was 90.06 sec's by a QUEST 016 single seater.
Slowest was 133.93 sec's by a FIAT SEICENTO

A bit more complicated than the normal sprint but terrific fun 8)

Then in the evening we had a pig roast and a very rude but hilarious comedian in the beer tent :lol:

On Sunday we had an egg/bacon/mushroom breakfast from the catering van for £3 each then stayed to watch the very entertaining rally cars 8)

Which reminds me ------------ I really must sell my bloody enormous tent :roll: then I wont have to put the damn thing up and down again :lol:

Attachments:
File comment: Entering chicane - Abingdon course
progress 267 (Small).jpg
progress 267 (Small).jpg [ 46.4 KiB | Viewed 981 times ]

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:00 pm