Seat Position

Everythiong related to chassis, suspension, steering, tyres, etc...
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Seat Position

Post by Pete&Matt »

When you have been fitting your seats, what have you been using as a datum to ensure that they are in square?

I have been using the rear chassis rail that runs along the back of the seat pan, as this is the only place I can find that is suitable.

But it then means that the seat has to be very near to the transmission tunnel with loads of space on the sill side!

Thanks

Matt
josephmoore
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Re: Seat Position

Post by josephmoore »

My Cobras are wedged in the gap and bolted down - there's no chance for them to be not square or offset to one side as it's such a tight squeeze! :lol:
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Post by stylussprinter »

Pete&Matt wrote:When you have been fitting your seats, what have you been using as a datum to ensure that they are in square?

I have been using the rear chassis rail that runs along the back of the seat pan, as this is the only place I can find that is suitable.

But it then means that the seat has to be very near to the transmission tunnel with loads of space on the sill side!

Thanks

Matt
Matt , it really isn't important whether square or not , what's important is that when you sit in it , that the steering wheel is comfortable in your hands and you're square to it. If you've noticed during the build , the column and steering wheel isn't parallel with the front/rear wheels. I just laid my seat in the gap available then went through a process of '' sitting in it ---- putting several widths of wood behind it , also each side and just kept changing them until I felt absolutely comfortable at the wheel --- also happy with pedal box reach '' .
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

ok, just me being faffy then!

I did notice that none of it is on the centre line, but the seat looks a bit silly when its in and p!ssed! Will have another look at it in the next few days.

Had enough by 11:15pm last night!
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

The seats are now in! Got the lap belts in on one side too!
Photo 15-09-2015 20 58 53.jpg
Photo 15-09-2015 20 58 44.jpg
Photo 15-09-2015 20 58 31.jpg