Rear Bulkhead/Firewall

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Rear Bulkhead/Firewall

Post by Pete&Matt »

Does anyone have any pics of what they have done with the rear bulkhead/firewall? I know the screen fits into the hole but thats about it.......just thinking of the interaction with the roll bar etc.

Cheers
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Re: Rear Bulkhead/Firewall

Post by stylussprinter »

Not sure what you're after :roll: --------------- screen fits into the hole :?: :?: :?: rear bulkhead :?

If you're talking about the bulkhead between the back of your seats and the body at the top of the boot ---- I made a paper then a cardboard template of that area but made it in two pieces so's to easily get round the diagonal on my roll bar. I used alloy sheet , fitted rivnuts all round the edge . About 6 inches apart along the top , nothing at the sides . The bottom edge of the alloy piece , I angled to fit the ledge behind the seats , just 25mm that's all then rivnuted that f/glass ledge about 8 inches apart. Used stainless domeheads into the rivnuts . Job done then carpet it or whatever you fancy :roll:

Can't send pic's cos my build album from start to finish is just ordinary photos and I didn't possess a PC or digi camera when I built the Stylus :(
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

when i said screen, i meant the fibreglass panel that its cut out from the screen to make the hole!

Does yours come down so it completly covers the inner body from the boot? Basically up to the back of the seat pans?
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Post by stylussprinter »

No , I preferred to have a 3 odd inch ledge plus it was easier to cut it out in alloy if it was upright or almost :wink: If you glass it in then it's permanent. I was glad mine was removable when changing my roll bar which I did very soon after the build .Basically the bar didn't cover your head if the car rolled so was useless in my view :roll:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

well we are going to have no choice but to get our own bar made, so will make sure it covers out heads! Like you say, not much point having it if not!