Windscreen Strengthening

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Re: Windscreen Strengthening

Post by stylussprinter »

Pete&Matt wrote:Rob, do you mean the "scuttle Panel" pieces? If so, then yes we have these and need to bond them in! It doesnt have a lot of flex now we have put the fibreglass down the sides etc, its all quite strong now, but more the better i suppose!

Do you have any pics of the rear firewall? Would this be in the build manual you were talking about?

Sadley not --- all my pic's are prints as I didn't possess a PC when I built the car. I've got a complete album of my build blow by blow . Offered it to P.Powell to make a new manual but he wasn't interested :|

Yes the bits you mention are what I meant :wink:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
whiterabbit
Stylus owner

Post by whiterabbit »

Pete / Matt

Have you offered up your windscreen to the hole? My issue with poor fit is still unresolved. If yours needs a tweak now might be the best time to do it.

Steve.
We're - flat - broke, but hey! we do it in Stylus!
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

whiterabbit wrote:Pete / Matt

Have you offered up your windscreen to the hole? My issue with poor fit is still unresolved. If yours needs a tweak now might be the best time to do it.

Steve.
Steve , the solid fibre glass windscreen which gets cut out is what they are talking about and the fact that the rear bulkhead gets made from it ----- so they'd like pic's of the fit . I dumped the f/glass from the screen in favour of alluminium for mine.

How's your build going :?: Finance is a bind right now , I know :roll:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.