Lens covers

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
hearbear
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Re: Lens covers

Post by hearbear »

alecmartin19 wrote:well i have given my lens covers to the guy who is going to make the new ones. he will now set about making the former and working out how much each set will cost to produce.

i will put the price on here as soon as i know what it will be and also whether tinted ones are available. I hope they are as i want tinted ones.

so the list so far is:

MattD tinted
hearbear tinted
stylussprinter tinted but still have clear if not :wink:
Antnicuk ? if they are less that £50

Any more?
Alec

I will take clear if that is all he can do. Also going on hols in a week so may not be on the forum after Saturday for a fortnight.

George
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

right, bit of news on the lens cover front! i have got my old ones to him and he's going to start making the moulds.

unfortunately, we can't have tinted lenses made unless we pay a lot of money as the tooling has to be machined out of aluminium and not resin. this would cost upwards of £800 quid for just the tooling so as you can all imagine, unless we get a massive order, thats not going to happen.

however, the clear ones will be available and hopefully the prototype will be with me in about 2 weeks.

i really could do with ordering 10 so the guy can break even on the first lot. after that they will be produced as single items possibly and you will probably deal direct with him. he is yet to give me a exact price but has assured me it will be much less than the ones from tim. probably around the £40 to £50 mark!

any more takers? anybody want a spare set? i'm going to get 2 sets now just to make sure!
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

I'll be up for a set (new stylus owner, yet to post and add details to site)

Andrew
hearbear
Stylus owner

Post by hearbear »

alecmartin19 wrote:right, bit of news on the lens cover front! i have got my old ones to him and he's going to start making the moulds.

unfortunately, we can't have tinted lenses made unless we pay a lot of money as the tooling has to be machined out of aluminium and not resin. this would cost upwards of £800 quid for just the tooling so as you can all imagine, unless we get a massive order, thats not going to happen.

however, the clear ones will be available and hopefully the prototype will be with me in about 2 weeks.

i really could do with ordering 10 so the guy can break even on the first lot. after that they will be produced as single items possibly and you will probably deal direct with him. he is yet to give me a exact price but has assured me it will be much less than the ones from tim. probably around the £40 to £50 mark!

any more takers? anybody want a spare set? i'm going to get 2 sets now just to make sure!
Hi Alec

I will have a set from you when they are ready just give a shout and will arrange to send a cheque or paypal.

Cheers George
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

ok moulds for lens covers have been made and the former will be making 10 pairs this week. they will be £50 a pair but unfortunately will only be in clear. however you may be able to use a spray on tint or plastic film if you require tinted as i do.

i will let you know when i recieve the completed items and whoever wants them can arrange payment and i will either post them or we can arrange collection.

anybody who wants them at £50 let me know as soon as pass and i'll put a set by with your name on it until payment is recieved.

rob, there will be a special pair that you may be interested in for your car. they are not see through but are done in a carbon lookalike plastic. there will be one set of them. i can get more if anyone so wishes!
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

OK great Alec , I'll take the ' carbon ' type :D
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
hearbear
Stylus owner

Post by hearbear »

alecmartin19 wrote:ok moulds for lens covers have been made and the former will be making 10 pairs this week. they will be £50 a pair but unfortunately will only be in clear. however you may be able to use a spray on tint or plastic film if you require tinted as i do.

i will let you know when i recieve the completed items and whoever wants them can arrange payment and i will either post them or we can arrange collection.

anybody who wants them at £50 let me know as soon as pass and i'll put a set by with your name on it until payment is recieved.

rob, there will be a special pair that you may be interested in for your car. they are not see through but are done in a carbon lookalike plastic. there will be one set of them. i can get more if anyone so wishes!
Me please Alex

Just let me know when you want paying, would paypal be ok as we don't have a cheque book any more.

George
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

yeah paypal will be fine for anyone who has paypal. i'll let you have my paypal details when i recieve the lens covers. i'll work out a postage cost too and see what will be the cheapest.

sorry its taking so long!
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

ok! sorry about the delay but the light covers are now finished.

they are all clear and are made from ABS plastic not perspex. they are slightmy thinner than the original ones and less than half the weight.

sorry i couldn't have tinted ones made but the tooling to make perspex moulds is expensive.

the price for the new lenses are £49 plus postage or you may be able to arrange collection.

the guy who made the lenses actually has them at his place and as i am not adding anything onto the price for myself, you can get them straight from him if you like.

his name is Andy westgate and his mobile number is 07733282947 he is happy for you to phone him and discuss postage and payment options. alternatively, contact me via this site or my mobile 07966406566 and arrange with me.

for collection, Andy lives in Lamborn, Berks and i live in Gloucester.

also available are some black carbon effect covers for those of you who race your car. they are much lighter than the original lenses and cheaper to replace than tims old ones.
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

lens covers
Attachments
Carbon effect covers
Carbon effect covers
clear lens covers
clear lens covers
hearbear
Stylus owner

Post by hearbear »

A big thanks to Alec for taking the time to sort the headlight covers got mine a week ago and they look good.

Cheers mate.
alecmartin19
Stylus owner

Post by alecmartin19 »

glad you like them! i have't got around to puting mine on the car yet. my car is off the road now until the spring as there are a few things i want to do that i realise now i should have done when building it but never did. you live and learn!

anyone else wanting lens covers, contact me or andy on the numbers given or contact me on here and we'll see what we can do.
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

Many thanks for sorting the lens covers out, my spare set arrived today, very good quality and finish.

A
MattD
Stylus owner

Post by MattD »

Anyone got a spare set of lenses around ?
Ideally I want smoked ones, but might have settle for clear from Andy Westgate.
SSC Stylus Integrale Turbo16V
Kit 1999, OTR 2002, and still tweaking....
MattD
Stylus owner

Post by MattD »

MattD wrote:Anyone got a spare set of lenses around ?
Ideally I want smoked ones, but might have settle for clear from Andy Westgate.
Sorted :mrgreen:

Got bored, so gave Andy a call.
He had a few sets left from Alec's original batch, only in clear of course.
As he was offering a good deal just to get the shelf space back, I've said yes to 2 sets @ £30 a set.
That way I can have a play at making one set "smoked".

He can offer the same deal to anyone else... but as there's only 1 or 2 more sets... first come, first served.
Contact No is in Alec's post above.

He's also still happy to make another batch to order if there's further demand.

Matt
SSC Stylus Integrale Turbo16V
Kit 1999, OTR 2002, and still tweaking....