Non-heated windscreen suppliers

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
Nissanman
Stylus owner

Non-heated windscreen suppliers

Post by Nissanman »

The costs of a heated windscreen is starting to look really high, £230 incl VAT and shipping, then it's got to be fitted, or I've got to do it. And as I may have to sell the car when it's done I'm not sure it's worth doing.

What's the cost of a regualr one fitted? And can anybody recommend a national supplier. I phoned Autoglass and they wanted £650 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jasp
Stylus with a SR20DET Nissan engine
Cerberus
Stylus owner

Re: Non-heated windscreen suppliers

Post by Cerberus »

Nissanman wrote:The costs of a heated windscreen is starting to look really high, £230 incl VAT and shipping, then it's got to be fitted, or I've got to do it. And as I may have to sell the car when it's done I'm not sure it's worth doing.

What's the cost of a regualr one fitted? And can anybody recommend a national supplier. I phoned Autoglass and they wanted £650 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jasp

How about these although not a lot cheaper http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/589763.htm

Phil
:D
Must try harder
Nissanman
Stylus owner

Post by Nissanman »

Nice one Phil, he's much more local to me, so I've just saved myself the £47 delivery charge from the other chap Birmingham way.

:D :D
Jasper
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Post by stylussprinter »

Try mathew@weirhouse.co.uk . He was the guy who I bought the green Stylus from to do up and also has a white Stylus of his own with air driven gearchange on the steering wheel.(he has one arm you see --- Neville Powell/babybertha converted it for him)
Apparently he ordered 10 heated screens from Ricky Evans at sales@heatedwindscreen.com . Mathew Morris is near Effingham Surrey , just off the M25 junc 10 .

He may well know of non heated deals :?:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Cerberus
Stylus owner

Post by Cerberus »

stylussprinter wrote:Try mathew@weirhouse.co.uk . He was the guy who I bought the green Stylus from to do up and also has a white Stylus of his own with air driven gearchange on the steering wheel.(he has one arm you see --- Neville Powell/babybertha converted it for him)
Apparently he ordered 10 heated screens from Ricky Evans at sales@heatedwindscreen.com . Mathew Morris is near Effingham Surrey , just off the M25 junc 10 .

He may well know of non heated deals :?:

That sounds like the chap on PH.

Phil
:D
Must try harder
acrobin

Post by acrobin »

Ricky Evans - he is where I got my heated screen from back in 2004ish - it was £170.00

At the time I tried to organise a bulk by with people from the "Smartgroups" Sylva chat - this got hijacked by Tim he told Ricky Evans he would take all the screens - Tim could not take all the screens and I still managed to get one - I then tried to get sales for Ricky's stock by letting the Lotus Owners club know of their availability.

Screen works fine though I fitted it using a BMW trim surround that Ricky suggested would be a better option than using the Transit trim - It does not allow the screen to fit properly and I would not recommend it, stick to the original trim.

Ricky Evans stocked the standard non-heated screen as well.
Nissanman
Stylus owner

Post by Nissanman »

It is Matthew on PH, and he's in Leatherhead, so saved myself the £47 from Ricky Evans.

I think I'll get a local company to install it for me, it's £60, and if I do it myself I've got to buy the stuff to do it and the trim edge, so it won't work out much difference.

Thanks guys.

And with the low price of all those other Stylus on PH I don't think it will be worth selling mine for a while yet ..... shame :wink:
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Post by stylussprinter »

Nissanman wrote:It is Matthew on PH, and he's in Leatherhead, so saved myself the £47 from Ricky Evans.

I think I'll get a local company to install it for me, it's £60, and if I do it myself I've got to buy the stuff to do it and the trim edge, so it won't work out much difference.

Thanks guys.

And with the low price of all those other Stylus on PH I don't think it will be worth selling mine for a while yet ..... shame :wink:
You'll never get back what you spent building it anyway --- I certainly wouldn't :roll:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Nissanman
Stylus owner

Post by Nissanman »

Well, got the electric windscreen professionally fitted this week (£70) and I'm very glad I did, there were plenty of large gaps around the edge and we had to wedge the centre top of the windscreenwith a piece of wood too, wouldn't not have wanted to do that myself. Couldn't fit a trim on it either, not enough room, looks ok though....

Funny how it sudddenly looks nearly done with the screen in and dash finished ..... very exciting :)
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

Just arranging to pick up our heated screen from Matthew this weekend. Another item to tick off the list :D
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I realise this is a dead conversation, but somebody may be looking for a screen so I thought I should add this:-
Charles Pugh ltd based in Nottingham 01773 581411
they also have a depot in Manchester (near the Trafford centre) where I collected mine from.
Ordered on Monday, collected Tuesday, £127.77+vat for a clear non heated screen. They also do tinted (green?) and sun visor stripped but not heated.
Happily recommended.
Pete...