Lens covers

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
lambostylus
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Lens covers

Post by lambostylus »

Can anyone still get hold of the clear perspex lens covers - I've got quad lights and have decided that these would suit the look.
Or any ideas where to source similar copies?
If we were meant to walk we would not have invented the car. ;o))
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Re: Lens covers

Post by stylussprinter »

lambostylus wrote:Can anyone still get hold of the clear perspex lens covers - I've got quad lights and have decided that these would suit the look.
Or any ideas where to source similar copies?
Unless you get them made up they'll have to come from Tim ---- he has the mould/manufacturer :roll:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Antnicuk

Post by Antnicuk »

I would be up for a set of these also
Help! just starting out

Edit: Getting the hang of it............. Slowly
hearbear
Stylus owner

Post by hearbear »

If it is any help send Tim a text message he will get back to you (may take a few days), worked for me for the screen top section for the hood ass.

George
Werner Van Loock
Stylus owner

Post by Werner Van Loock »

interested too, not having quads (yet)
http://www.7rcb.be http://www.kitcarclub.nl

Mileage striker 4age-16v twin DHLA Image
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Has anybody been in touch with Tim about the lens covers?
I really would like a set and was wondering if there was a bulk buy would Tim be more interested!
lambostylus
Stylus owner

Post by lambostylus »

Back in blighty now, will be trying to chase this up so I can get a move on with SVA etc before Apr next year (its taken me this long, you'd think another 6 months wouldn't matter!)
If Tim can't provide/doesn't reply, does anyone have any that a mould could be taken from? I don't know if there are design rights etc, but I'm sure something can be arranged in recompense to a willing volunteer :wink:
If we were meant to walk we would not have invented the car. ;o))
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

lambostylus wrote:Back in blighty now, will be trying to chase this up so I can get a move on with SVA etc before Apr next year (its taken me this long, you'd think another 6 months wouldn't matter!)
If Tim can't provide/doesn't reply, does anyone have any that a mould could be taken from? I don't know if there are design rights etc, but I'm sure something can be arranged in recompense to a willing volunteer :wink:
I've been following this up since your original post amongst other Stylus spares . At the moment it's a matter of numbers for an acceptable price. In the new year , once I'm retired , I'll probably have it sorted. Numbers for me to hold stock are likely to be minimum 10 sets.
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Werner Van Loock
Stylus owner

Post by Werner Van Loock »

the stylussportscars.com domain is up for grabs, so he won't be answering any email.
http://www.7rcb.be http://www.kitcarclub.nl

Mileage striker 4age-16v twin DHLA Image
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

Lens covers (polycarbonate ) will be available sometime during this winter . The cost / tooling to get our own made is outrageous so would need to get 100 pairs made even to get them for £80 ish a set :o :shock:
I've been in touch with Tim and he's ordered 10 sets which may be delivered early in 2009 :roll: I need some myself now after the tree hugging but at this moment I'm not sure what they'll cost. If he agrees I'll take the lot otherwise I'll let you know on this forum what they will cost from Tim ok :)

Correct me if I'm wrong ---- orders so far below :roll:
PETE C , ANTNICUK , LAMBOSTYLUS , WERNER , MATT DOWNES , STYLUSSPRINTER , BIKENUTS , CAMORADI plus Tim :wink:
Bikenuts
Stylus owner

Post by Bikenuts »

stylussprinter wrote:Lens covers (polycarbonate ) will be available sometime during this winter . The cost / tooling to get our own made is outrageous so would need to get 100 pairs made even to get them for £80 ish a set :o :shock:
I've been in touch with Tim and he's ordered 10 sets which may be delivered early in 2009 :roll: I need some myself now after the tree hugging but at this moment I'm not sure what they'll cost. If he agrees I'll take the lot otherwise I'll let you know on this forum what they will cost from Tim ok :)
Will they be clear or tinted?
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

Bikenuts wrote:
stylussprinter wrote:Lens covers (polycarbonate ) will be available sometime during this winter . The cost / tooling to get our own made is outrageous so would need to get 100 pairs made even to get them for £80 ish a set :o :shock:
Will they be clear or tinted?
Can't tell you mate because he'd ordered before the weekend when we met to chat. Mine were tinted / smoked but I'll take whatever comes. If they are smoked , bare in mind that you can see through them and unless put next to a clear one you wouldn't notice --- nothing like sun glasses :lol:
Antnicuk

Post by Antnicuk »

woohoo, well done rob :mrgreen:
Help! just starting out

Edit: Getting the hang of it............. Slowly
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Put me down for a set!!!! :D :D
Pete C
Bikenuts
Stylus owner

Post by Bikenuts »

stylussprinter wrote:nothing like sun glasses :lol:
Perhaps they came in difrent shades as the set I've got seem very dark. If the new ones end up being clear I'm intrested, otherwise I'll use what I've got.

Cheers

Matt