Setting wedge

Everythiong related to chassis, suspension, steering, tyres, etc...
Shooter63
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Setting wedge

Post by Shooter63 »

I know this is probably a bit of a non starter type question, but can anybody tell if I have enough rake( wedge) built in yet, I've dropped the front 1 turn on the spring platforms on the front and raised the rear 1/2 a turn?

Shooter
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Re: Setting wedge

Post by stylussprinter »

Start by setting 25mm's higher rear than front without driver. Measure under seatpan where ally floor joins steel seatpan floor -- REAR
Front , under lower front 25mm x 50mm chassis rail .
The photo looks as though the car's generally too high at both ends.
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Shooter63

Post by Shooter63 »

Thanks for the reply, I did think it looks a bit leggy ie high, I've checked the front suspension and at the moment it has about an inch ( 25mm for the young uns) of damper rod showing with about an inch of down adjustment left on the spring height . At the weekend I'll measure the aol of the total unit, I may need shorter dampers to get it into the weeds with a decent amount of movement left.

Shooter
pigeondave
Are you a Stylus owner?: no

Post by pigeondave »

Sorry to be a geek about things but technically what you really mean is rake.

Wedge is very different.

If you search for my thread on going to see Rob and doing the set up I think i gave a bit of a talk through.

As a point of reference i've got 98mm to underside of sump and about 126-127mm to the chassis rail at the front but that is on a Fury.
pigeondave
Are you a Stylus owner?: no

Post by pigeondave »

If you're in the market for dampers the guys at procomp http://procomp.co.uk/ are re-sellers of protec dampers http://www.protechshocks.co.uk/

But i think someone once said its cheaper getting them from procomp, plus procomp have a damper w4nker (a friends description) that allows them to set the dampers as a matched pair and the internal valving to suit a light weight kit car.

But phone both and see whos cheaper if you do need them.

Im fairly sure that most of the RGB grid use protec dampers so they cant be that bad.