New tyres

Everythiong related to chassis, suspension, steering, tyres, etc...
Shooter63
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

New tyres

Post by Shooter63 »

Picked up these bad boys today, dmack dmc-rc t71 compound, in 195/50-13 for my team dynamics 1.2 7 x 13 alloys
4 brand new tyres for the princely sum of 99 English pounds E marked as well :D

Shooter
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Re: New tyres

Post by stylussprinter »

The EU changed the wet grip requirement for 1B tyres for 2016 then after huge protest relented and deferred the new ruling till 2017 . I also have 1B tyres , ZZR on my STYLUS and R888 on my ALFA , both are illegal on the road for 2017 onwards . Did you check that DEMACK have developed a 2017 spec tyre :?: If not then sharp eyed cops could have you , plus MOT of course :roll: (the MSA then had to follow suit for roadgoing classes)

Bloody annoying because when I bought my R888's the rule hadn't been announced by our MSA race rule makers . So , for trackdays or modified sprint classes , the 2016 tyres can still be used but not for public road driving or competition roadgoing classes.
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Shooter63

Post by Shooter63 »

stylussprinter wrote:The EU changed the wet grip requirement for 1B tyres for 2016 then after huge protest relented and deferred the new ruling till 2017 . I also have 1B tyres , ZZR on my STYLUS and R888 on my ALFA , both are illegal on the road for 2017 onwards . Did you check that DEMACK have developed a 2017 spec tyre :?: If not then sharp eyed cops could have you , plus MOT of course :roll: (the MSA then had to follow suit for roadgoing classes)

Bloody annoying because when I bought my R888's the rule hadn't been announced by our MSA race rule makers . So , for trackdays or modified sprint classes , the 2016 tyres can still be used but not for public road driving or competition roadgoing classes.

I very much doubt they are 2017 compliant, the mot side of things won't be a problem, and I can't see the plod around here getting on there hands and knees to check, they would spill there coffee and burgers.
The tyres are on the MSA 1c list for this year, I'll try them on the road but probably keep them for track days after that.

Shooter
MattD
Stylus owner

Post by MattD »

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/5 ... tid=200833

I believe that if the tyres are E-marked they are OK fro use on the road (until they are worn out), but not so for MSA events.
What you can't do is buy new replacements as these then wont carry the relevant EU markings.
SSC Stylus Integrale Turbo16V
Kit 1999, OTR 2002, and still tweaking....