Dash Fitting

Everything regarding bodywork and materials like fiber glass etc...
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Dash Fitting

Post by Pete&Matt »

We are in the proccess of looking at the dash! We have a Fury dash front and top as SSC failed to come up with the goods!

Our question is, how far does the dash front come out? I have attached a pic below to show what i mean! A measurment from the box section shown to the front or rear of the dash panel would be useful and also some pics of people dash's!

We have a feeling that the dash front panel is going to be too small, so wouldnt mind some overall height measurements too if pos! We have had a look in the build manual on how to fit the dash but seem to be missing the page! :o
Attachments
22042009192.jpg
stylussprinter
Stylus owner
Are you a Stylus owner?: yes

Re: Dash Fitting

Post by stylussprinter »

The distance out from the windscreen for the dash face is decided totally by the dash top. It needs to fit under the edge simple as that. There never have been special instructions to fit it even when I built mine in 1997 . Mines about 50mm from the door pillar because the ssc top curves in a little from the glass edge :roll:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
Pete&Matt
Stylus owner

Post by Pete&Matt »

thanks for the info Rob. Will look more closely at it, at the weekend!
spegru

Post by spegru »

One thing I did to improve the aesthetics was to make the dash in two pieces that line up with the dash top mouldling at the top and the horizontal dash chassis member. There is a an angle of about 45deg below the instruments. The tow pieces were fixed together with metal strips and fibre glass before the whole thing was covered with vinyl leathercloth so that the join itself is invisible and the whole thing looks as if it was moulded (without any visible screw heads)
spegru

Post by spegru »

here is a pic of my dash
IMAG0102.jpg
stylussprinter
Stylus owner

Post by stylussprinter »

The dash kit always did have 3 pieces in it OR at least it did from 1997 when I bought mine. It was lookalike carbon fibre for the front and bottom curve but patterned plastic for the top. Fitting's easy , just Sikaflex or f/glass in three or more alloy brackets(roughly 90 degrees :roll: )--- one in the centre , the other two about 75mm's back from the dash top ends , onto the lower inner screen f/glass body. Drill and rivnut them -- job done. Similar method for the front . You'll need to get in there over a few years , I did :oops:
I just love the Stylus but she keeps swallowing £££ !
Alfa Red 159 2.4 jtdm ti 260bhp 365lbft / BilsteinB12 + Adjustable Powerflex camber/castor bushes. Red STYLUS 2lt zetec 231bhp 185lbft Dunnell . RED 1972 Alfa 2lt GTAm replica 170bhp.
spegru

Post by spegru »

Hmm mine was from 97 too.
I didnt get the dash kit - only the top...cant remember why now.
It's made from MDF underneath btw